Wednesday, April 28, 2010
ETA: Jsut got home from the gym and what do you know, I experienced a dizzy moment on the elliptical. Guess I jinxed myself cause I was low
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
40 Things to Share
You know the drill! 40 ODD things about you!
1. Do you like blue cheese dressing? Not a fan of it. Prefer my ranch
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Yeah when I was 17. Only did it to get breaks when I worked at McD's. Didn't know much about the labor law at the time. It didn't stick, thank God
3. Do you own a gun? No, Jeremy wants to get me one though. Not sure how I feel about that just yet.
4. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shops? Venti Mocha Frappucino with no whip and extra chocolate drizzle *drools*
5. What do you think of hot dogs? Nothing like a burnt hot dog with some mustard and relish on it. Yummy
6. Favorite Christmas song? hmm.. maybe rock around the christmas tree
7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I always drink water first thing then maybe a cup of coffee.
8. Can you do push ups? a few. trying to get stronger in my upper body
9. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my wedding set. it's a reminder of all the jackasses I had to date to meet the wonderful man who chose me as his wife
10. Favorite hobbies? playing with my daughter, shopping, bowling, shooting pool, 4wheeling, decorating,
11. Do you have ADD? nope
12. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? probably my indecisiveness
13. Middle name? Marie
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I wish I could hit the lotto. I need to get up and finish the laundry. Can't wait for Sunday to get here.
15. 3 drinks I drink most often? water, water, and tea. Trying my best to stay away from soda water
16. Current worry right now? none. I turned my worries over to God. He will take care of them for me.
17. Current dislikes right now? Money, specifically that I don't have as much as I want.. but then, what average person does?
18. Favorite place to be? with my family and true friends
19. How did you ring in the New Year? nope. slept the night away
20. Like to Travel? love it! can't wait to go back to Florida. We are planning for a Disney trip when Jeremy comes home.
21. Name two people who will complete this survey? I dunno.
22. Do you own slippers? Yes, blue fuzzy memory foam slippers
23. What color shirt are you wearing? white
24. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor? Negative. I have to talk to my Kenzie-Bug everyday. Have to.
25. What songs do you sing in the shower? whatever is playing on my MacBook at the time.
26. Favorite girl name? MaKayla, McKenna
27. Favorite boy name? MaKell/McKell, thanks to my old supervisor Kinyatta.
28. What's in your pocket right now? no telling. wearing hubby's PT shorts
29. Last thing that made you laugh? the image in my head of Tia dancing to a song by Usher
30. Worst injury you've ever had? abscess under my breast. Not. fun. at. all.
31. Do you love where you live? I like it a lot. Getting used to the rain still.
32. How many TV's do you have in your house? 2, soon to be 3
33. Who is your loudest friend? I wouldn't call her loud...just outspoken. And that would be Andrea
34. Does someone have a crush on you? well, I believe my husband does.. anyone else is just going to have to keep it to themselves... not happening.
35. What is your favorite candy? dark chocolate. I know it isn't REALLY candy, but I don't like candy much.
36. Favorite Sports Team? don't really have one.
37. What were you doing 12 AM last night? inhaling the pillowcase
38. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today? "why is THAT muscle hurting. Didn't think I used that when I worked out." LOL
39. What is your favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving
40. What are you plans for tomorrow? Gym, PX, post office, home
Friday, April 16, 2010
DISCLAIMER: There's lots of bad words. I have a potty mouth right now.
This blog post will be all over the place. I just got home from an outing with another Army wife who is stationed here at Lewis. This lady, and I use the term losely, is a piece of fucking work.
To start off, she invited me to a brunch where the hostess doesn't like "certain types of blacks."
She also commented and judged me as a mother. Everybody knows my daughter is the love of my life. She's my Princess and I'll be damned if you try and say I'm a bad mommy. She commented on my daughter still being in TN. I'm sorry but if my MOTHER wants to keep her GRANDDAUGHTER longer than originally planned, I'm not about to say anything. My mom has been there since day 1 and I'll be damned if I snatch her only grandchild away. Fuck you and the damn horse your wanna be sadity ass rode in on.
And today, we went shopping. As usual, I love to shop for my house and for my daughter. And if I see something I like for either, I'm gonna get it. For instance, I found some great framed quotes for my dining room. I also got McKenzie some sandals and a round Dora chair. I don't need any person, other my the man who put the rock on my finger, to count the money I spend. I can control myself. My bills are paid so what the fuck is it to you if I buy what I want?? I'm sorry that our husbands got paid today and your ass is already broke. That's not my fucking problem. Last time I check, our bank accounts were sitting comfortably. Once again, fuck you and that damn horse your ass rode in on.
A friend of mine told me today that I'm usually so pleasant when I tweet. My tweets today were off my usual character. I try not to let dumb bitches get to me, but this bitch involved my daughter and that's where I draw the line. Talk about me or my husband all day long. But when you involve her, I will blow the fuck up and don't give a damn about it. *breathes deeply*
On another note, usually if you invite someone over your house, you don't leave your sex toys in the guest bathroom. There's nothing better than looking down while washing my hands and being greeted by your blue vibrator.
And another note, there were Obama protestors outside the fair today. I'm all for freedom of speech. You don't have to like our POTUS. I like him and can't help that he has to fix Bush's fuck up. BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF YOUR ASS SHUSHES ME WHILE I'M USING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH. My own husband doesn't shush me. Never has and I'll be damned if he does. I can't help it that I'm an outspoken person. I'm also sorry for you. Sorry that your husband won't allow you to speak your mind. *shrugs* Thank God I'm not married to his trifling ass.
Okay time for happy stuffs *chuckles*
I got to talk to both of my babies today. My daughter asked me for a fish tank for her room. And my husband is doing fine. Thank you the prayers and good thoughts.
Okay, I'm off my soapbox for today.
P.S. I hate wives who wear their husband's rank. Even if my husband outranks yours, you will never know it. I'm humble enough to be thankful for the blessings I have instead of trying to showboat when you ain't got a pot to piss in.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Excuse me if I'm rambling alot in this video. It's my first video blog. And yes, I'm country. :)
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Today is officially one week since J left to go fight. I've talked to him on the phone once and we've been emailing and yahoo'ing as well. I got an email from him today letting me know he's alright. Tired but good. Pretty much telling me about what he's doing. He told me to treat myself so I did. Manicure and pedicure and a little shopping at Coach. The mani/pedi was so so. The lady nicked my cuticles too many times. I almost didn't tip her. I ended up tipping her, just not what I usually would for great service. I headed to Coach to get my mommy a purse and wallet for Mother's Day. Yes, I'm early. I ended up getting one for me too. I've had my eye on it for a while and since J said "Treat yourself", I got it. Oh did I mention that he said "lightly" at the end of that sentence? Oooops *chuckles*
I talked to McKenzie today. My mom also sent lots of pictures of her hunting for Easter eggs. On another note, I was invited to an Easter brunch. I chose not to go. The person who invited me told me something that made the decision for me. She said "She(the hostess) doesn't like certain kinds of Black people." Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? Why would I, a proud Black woman, want to go to a girl's (not woman) house when I know she's stupid enough to say such a comment??? I told her no way in hell was I going. Instead I spent the afternoon with a new friend, Tia and her children. I had alot of fun even though we stay in the house and watched TV. She's a cool woman and I'm gonna hate it when they PCS next year. She's not the type to wear her husband's rank. Thank goodness none of my friends do that *wipes forehead*
A lady at the Bath & Body Works Outlet said something to me that made me look at her like a chicken with no head. She asked for my ID and out of habit I gave her my military ID. She told "You're so lucky to be an Army wife. The government takes such good care of you all. Free housing is amazing." Ummm, I didn't realize that the housing was free. Yes, we get an amount for housing. But that doesn't make it free. Also, I didn't set out to become a military wife just to get some freaking money for housing. She obviously don't know much about this lifestyle we live. Uprooted every few years, payroll mistakes, deployments. If I could have slapped her I would have. But it was Sunday and Easter to boot. That would have just been so wrong.
I have an appointment tomorrow at the Diabetes Clinic on base. I'm not sure what to expect from them but I pray it's something good.
I ask that you keep not only my husband, but all the troops in your prayers.