Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wow so today was crazy!!! I knew yesterday that it would be bad but I had no idea! I have a patient who is 20, with Down's, degenertative joints, gout, and a slew of other health issues. He is a total sweetheart and absolutely adores me (I'm partial but whatever lol) So he needed bloodwork pulled today. The nurse came in from Memphis for he re-certification for home health and IMMEDIATELY he screamed. She was an "outsider" to him. It took a long time for him to calm down. Anywho, we started off with 3 people (me, his mom & his aunt) holding him so he wouldn't "buck" in his chair.

When it was all said and done it took 6 people AND 7 butterfly needles and & sticks to get ONE (yes, one) vial of blood. *wipes forehead* Talk about a workout without trying to. He wanted to get naked soon as the nurse left so I helped him. Not 30 minutes later, he's walked into the kitchen where we were all at talking. :)

McKenzie has been walking around with no diaper since I got off at 3. She would tinkle a little when she felt the diaper on her booty. So I tricked her. I put the diaper on her lower back then sat her butt on the pot. SUCCESS!!! Now if we can keep this up I don't have to buy diapers anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment