Monday, November 23, 2009

wow it's been a long time since I've blogged about anything. guess it's time to change that and up date y'all on what's going on.

J (husband) is at Ft Benning doing OSUT all over again *mumbles* just lovely. he's switched from National Guard (MP) to active duty Army (infantry). he's been gone since the end of October and considering since this is the 2nd time I'm going through this you would think I'm used to it. Not!

I have signed up for the $6,000 for school through MyCAA and I chose to go for the Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Billiing & Coding program through CareerStep. So far I'm liking it and I have to get used to taking an online class again and get my routine down pat. I hope to go back to nursing school whenever we PCS (to where I have no idea. Ask me again in about 6 weeks.) But for now I'm content with doing home health and studying coding/billing.

I'm also choosing to embrace the fact that I am a type 1 diabetic. A fellow Army wife and friend Diabetic_Iz_Me AKA Cherise has convinced me to get an OmniPod without even telling me to. I've watched her videos on YouTube of her doing the pod changes and whatnot. I must say that I was fascinated enough to request some information and a demo kit. Then I went even further and changed my insurange from Tricare Standard to Prime so it'll be 100% coverage, signed up for a PCM (primary case manager) and made appointments for my PCM and an endocrinologist. *does a happy dance* I've also said that I'm going to start going back to the gym as well since my sugars have been outrageous! last night I was at 313 before bed. I swear sometimes I don't think the Levemir is working for me anymore. I've been on insulin shots for 7 years and I never even thought of getting an insulin pump until now. I have to thank Twitter for introducing me to fellow diabetics, and the DOC (diabetic online community) for showing me how freaking simple it is.

Tomorrow I get to go see a dermatologist about my scalp and how it constantly itches. No matter how often I wash or co-wash (conditioner wash) my hair, it itches like I haven't wash it in over a month. I have a tub of raw shea butter that I purchased from the African hair braiders (who I get go to see Decemeber 1st!) and I tried it last night after washing my hair. I must say it's alot smoother and hasn't itched since I put it in *crosses fingers* I've been toying with the idea of transitioning to natural with the help of braids and I think when I go in December I'm going to start the process. Now to get my regimen and vitamins together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment