Friday, January 8, 2010

1st post of 2010

Wow!! I can't believe I haven't posted in over 2 weeks. Well yes I can and I have good reason. My husband was home for Christmas Exodus *does happy dance* Nothing major happened during those 2 weeks. McKenzie's bday gathering, gambling in Tunica, and bring in the new year on Beale Street.

I went to see my endo earlier this week. He has ordered me to lose 20 pounds by this summer. He wants 10 of those pounds gone by my next visit in March. I can do it. I just have to buckle down and get in the groove of visiting the gym and eating right. I really would love to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I know I can get there too. He prescribed me some Actos, Metformin, Aprida, and Levemir. When I lose weight, I won't need as much of those. I've also had to choose a new glucose meter and I chose a
Contour. Although I've had to make more than a few phone calls to Tricare's Mail-Order Pharmacy, I must say they are very prompt and have good customer service. My endo's office had to give me another pen of Apidra until the MOP processed my order.

Now on to friends. I am meeting lots of new females thanks to Twitter. Alot of them are diabetics and a few are military wives. There is one friend, who shall stay nameless. I'm not sure how much of my feelings of this person that I want to put on here. Let's just say this, a friend shouldn't abandon their friend when their husband is around them. Plain and simple. I understand that your marriage comes first, as does mine. But I have never put a friend on the back burner of the stove unless I HAD to. HAD=EMERGENCY. End rant. LOL

I miss my husband something serious. 2009 was a VERY hard year for him and I. And we both vowed that 2010 would be lots better. I will admit that I haven't been the best wife that I could've been. I haven't been by his side 100% like I should have and I acknowledge that. It took a major obstacle in our lives for me to realize just how much my husband means to me. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I want him to know that everyday. I can't imagine him not being in my life. Yes, he may be short and he may always look like he's mad, but I promise he's the happiest man in this world right now. Why? Because I support him and his decisions. Fully and completely.

I think that covers everything that's been going on here lately. I might even feel like writing another post tomorrow. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment