Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Deployment #2 has begun

This week is going to be a long one. I waved my husband away to the sandbox for a second time. The first time wasn't that hard. I had my family and his family to keep me calm. This time I'm almost 3,000 miles away from our families. That's the hard part. My daughter will be out here mid April. My mom will be staying a week or two and then all of them are flying out for the girls spring break. For those that don't know, my grandma, who happens to be 64 years old, adopted 3 girls from a bad home. They are amazing and I couldn't imagine not having them in my family. The good thing are this deployment is that we will pay down a lot of our bills. And it rained. Yes, I'm happy that it rained on his leave day. Why? Because everytime he left for anything Army related, it has rained. That's our sign. If it hadn't have rained, then I'd be a total basketcase.


My best friend's husband is coming home later this week. I'm uberly excited for her. I see the love that they have for each other and I looked at my husband and I. We are truly blessed to have the greatest men in our lives.


My house is officially in order. McKenzie's room is all done and decorated for her arrival. I decided to put Tinkerbell decals as a border around her walls. I think she will love it.


I'm also toying with the option of being a SAHM(stay at home mom). We can afford it. That's not the issue. I need to focus on school 100%. Plus the cost of daycare for my husband's income bracket would cut into the amount I would be possibly be earning. There is a job fair Friday that I'm going to go to and see what's out there. I'm also afraid of putting my daughter into daycare. The first 2 years of her life she has been watched by family while I worked. A friend I met here, Tia, has talked with me about it. She's got a great head on her shoulders.


My diabetes has been crazy out of control. I stopped wearing my pods only cause my husband would knock them off. I'm going to start back on them today. It took me forever to get a decent appointment time to see someone. Endocrinology Clinic at Madigan was saying a month from now. Fuck that. I worked my ass off to get something sooner. Now I have an appoint on April 5th. I need to get this together.


All in all, I'm going to survive this deployment. Come hell or high water, I will survive.

1 Comment:

  1. Cherise said...
    You will survive. Now I can't say it won't be hard because to me the second time around was harder than the first. Kenzie's room sounds cute. You'll have to tell me what she thinks.
    Daycare: I am not sure if you've heard of naacra (sp) it's a program for military families that help pay for childcare. Niya has been in daycare since she was 8 months old; she loves it. It maybe good for you and her.
    Remember if you need anything let me know. Congrats to your friends hubbu coming home. Tell J to keep his head down.

Post a Comment